At Death & Co Denver, head bartender Alex Jump combines blanc and dry vermouth in this variation on a Boulevardier. “The split between [these] vermouths keeps the cocktail perfectly balanced: not too sweet and not too dry,” she says.
- 3/4 ounce aonori-infused High West Silver oat whiskey*
- 1 ounce Cappelletti aperitif
- 1/2 ounce Dolin dry vermouth
- 1/2 ounce Dolin blanc vermouth
- 1/4 ounce Clear Creek Pear eau-de-vie
Add all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice and stir until chilled.
Strain into a Nick & Nora glass.
*Nori-infused High West Silver oat whiskey: Combine 750 milliliters of High West Silver oat whiskey and 10 grams aonori, let sit for 15 minutes, then strain back into the bottle. Can keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.